Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Myths about singing coaching

 

Today we are going to debunk all the myths that you know about singing, singing the mask. What is bouting, the smiling technique? Think High, Sing low, sing low, think high, all the weird stuff that your vocal coaches are telling you. Today I'm going to answer them straight away. Weaponized your voice and let's just dive straight into it.And ask 1 different vocal coaches and they might give you 10 different explanations. And here's my explanation. Now sing in the mask is a term that comes actually from the 80s nineties, and it's a kind of musical theater expression or term mostly used there in musical theater. It's about whether sound resonates now. 



There are some sounds or vowels that have a that resonates here in the front, basically.If you think about Twain, then twang is a very loud sound production and it resonates here up front. Sometimes people, when they sing in hat boys just to understand where is their hat boys. They feel that that resonates somewhere here or in the back or somewhere here sometimes when they use their chest voice, they feel that their resonance is somewhere around here. That's where the term actually comes from. Several hundred of years ago.Yeah, I feel that sounds rather more forward, so this is the term singing the mask. #2 is like this smiling technique. Where is that smiling technique coming from? And you know what? I'm using that term too, so I always tell to my younger students smile a little bit more. There's not so much that we can do from the outside to manipulate the inside production. You know it's a myth a little bit and it's the hope of that. We can change a little bit by using some.Muscles around the face and it doesn't work that way so much. Now we can do now when when I say to my students smile a little bit more, it's because I want them to shape the valves in a certain way. I want them to sing a little bit more bright. You know it doesn't go broken down and tired, broken down and tired. So I want to lift up that certain note or that certain vowel by them to smile a little bit more to make sure that the placement is a little bit better. To bring that sound forward.


And not get that operatic kind of like crying so broken tone and Toyota heart. So basically what I want to do is to manipulate that Amber. Sure, yeah, so that's what we refer to. Smile a little bit more and lift up that certain note by give it a smile and be a little bit more brighter. Overall, the power needs to come from the voice within and it needs to come from here and not from there. Now. One subscriber wrote down. Try to sing like an arrow. Try to shoot. Like an arrow when you sing and this is really interesting because what we want to do is we want to make sure that we are narrowing the air flow that we don't have our our air all over the place that we narrow that certain Airstream when we sing and we want to point for the to be pitch perfect because The thing is like this. This is your pitch right? And imagine this is the note that you have and you can sing slightly under the note and you can sing slightly above the note and within the note right this?

If this is your note.And within the note, you can just go a little bit more higher and be lightly sharp. You're still on the note, but you can be lightly sharp, or you can be lightly bluesy, right? So therefore we want you to really try to hit the middle of the note, like an error and imaging error. Sorry, my German English right, but we want you to imagine to just point directly in that note that is what we want now. One subscriber writes push through your tummy or push your tummy.You used the the tension of your tummy. Now there were some misconception that if we use a lot of effort with our diaphragm now in our core muscle that this will help us that this will create a better support. I mean to a certain extent I understand where this comes from. And yes I'm guilty of it pushing a lot of my tummy, pushing a lot of my diaphragm. But the truth of the matter is we want to have a moderate amount of tension going on in our body. We need energy. We need to be active. We need to use our diaphragmatic work. But it doesn't.To be over the top, if you use too much effort and you're really straining your if you really push your tummy muscles, then you're going to straight here and you're going to over push use over compression. You're going to end up staying here. It's going to be painful, believe me, I've been there, done it. Now we don't want to do that. And some some former singers like me need to use different kind of technique to balance that amount of tension, because I would get exhausted singing one song. I just could not sing a song through without not.

Being exhausted because I was overly over pushing, overly pressing the tummy in the six. Exactly what we don't want to do. We want to have a moderate amount of tension going on. Sometimes I forget that I speak to a student and my student. Mike doesn't know about the means or a chest voice register or you have to explain it up front and and use this regularly and always ask your students or what does chest voice mean so he can tell it back to you.  

If you want to learn about vocal training, than you can click on this link. It will help you.  https://bit.ly/3zuXYQu

Thank You 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment